Bernie’s Place offers a comprehensive program which is designed to support and enhance the development of young children. Our focus is on the whole child. Major program goals that shape the schedule, environment and interpersonal relationships between staff and children are directed at meeting the physical, psychological, social, emotional, and cognitive needs of young children.
As a center within the UW-Madison network, we aim to find placements for university affiliated children, with an emphasis on full time, 12 month contracts. In selecting participating children, Bernie’s Place shall give preference to families in the following order:
- Current families and staff at Bernie’s
- UW-Madison Students
- UW-Madison faculty or staff
- No direct UW-Madison affiliation (visiting scholars, UW-Health and/or hospital employees, alumni, and other members of the public)
The waiting list application and fee for Bernie’s can be found here: https://www.myprocare.com/Default/Index?aWtuPTkwNjU3OTEyNDMmc2NoSWQ9MQ==
Upon filling out the form, complete your application by paying $25.00 to Bernie’s. The fee can be in cash or check form, or using PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4P23VUELTES2E
The waiting list restarts January 1st. Families who have been on the waiting list during a calendar year and wish to maintain their placements should contact Bernie’s stating their intent. The renewal fee is only $10.00.
You may call us at (608) 263-1725 or emailing either our director Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org or the center directly at berniesplaceUW@gmail.com. We will be happy to answer questions or schedule a center tour.
• Families may sign contracts for 9 or 12 months. Two weeks of vacation credit (at 50% tuition) are afforded to 12 month contracts. Families with shorter contracts do not qualify for vacation credit. NOTE: At this time, due to limited placements and high demand, only 12 month contracts will be accepted for the Infant/Toddler room.
• Three-month summer contracts are available contingent upon current enrollment and attendance. Summer only contracts do not quality for vacation credit.
As approved by the Board, the following are contract fees for July 1, 2022 -June 30, 2023 (daily rates pending):
|Type of Fees||Infants||2-year-olds||PreK||4K|
|Annual Registration Fee||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00||$50.00|
|Reservation Fee (non-refundable)||One week of tuition||One week of tuition||One week of tuition||One week of tuition|
|Full Time (5 days) 12 Month||$455.00||$365.00||$345.00||$333.00|
|Full Time (5 days) 9 Month||N/A||$372.00||$353.00||$340.00|
|1-4 days per week (daily rate) 12 Months||N/A||$98.00||$93.00||$90.00|
|1-4 days per week (daily rate) 9 Months||N/A||$101.00||$96.00||$92.00|
|5 Mornings 12 Months||$319.00||$256.00||$242.00||$233.00|
|5 Mornings 9 Months||N/A||$261.00||$247.00||$238.00|
|5 Afternoons 12 Months||$319.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5 Afternoons 9 Months||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|1-4 Mornings per week (daily rate) 12 Months||N/A||$66.00||$62.00||$60.00|
|1-4 Mornings per week (daily rate) 9 Months||N/A||$67.00||$64.00||$61.00|
|Vacation Fee (12 Month contracts only)||50% of normal fee||50% of normal fee||50% of normal fee||50% of normal fee|